Saturday, January 17, 2009

Slow Down, You Move Too Fast

As I walked with my Mom from the car to her Dr. appointment (which, sadly, is the only place we ever seemed to go for far too long), I would start to walk at my normal hectic pace. Then I would remember that Mom couldn't keep up anymore.

I would be reminded of the old song, Feeling Groovy. There is a line that says, "Slow down, you movin' too fast; You gotta make the moment last . . ."

How I wish I had made more of those moments last. The moments when my Mom would take my son to the park and actually climb on the jungle gym with him. The moments when she borrow my children for the afternoon and make gingerbread houses or plan a surprise birthday party for me. The moments when she would labor for hours in the kitchen and then serve my family a delicious meal.

So many moments . . . So little time . . .

Treasure what you have when you have it. You will miss it when it is gone.

No comments: